Newly stylish and renovated villa situated in a peaceful and panoramic cliff over the Zinzulusa Cave, Castro, Salento, Lecce, South of Italy.
Castro is named “the pearl of the Salento region”: the crystal clear “bandiera blu” water, the history of the old town castle and the magnificent bay quickly explain the reason of this name.
The villa has been renovated in the respect of the original builder's idea (my father) and of the local materials and traditions. It overlook the sea from a 40 meters cliff and has a private way down to the sea (not really comfortable with babies, but doable for adults)
The villa consists in three completely separated and independent apartments, divided by two doors.
Locking these two doors the three apt can be rented separately.
The independence and privacy of customers is guaranteed for each apartment.
The villa can also be rented in the whole; in this case we can just unlock those two doors, and the whole villa is available for one big family or group of friends.
In this case the total capacity of the villa is 18 persons.
This apartment is perfectly organized with a kitchen, a bathroom, one main room divided into a living room and an open bedroom, and an outside sea-view area shadowed by an huge umbrella for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The main room is equipped with a sofa-bed and with table and chairs that can also be used outside.
The total capacity of this apartment is 4 persons.
The apartment is fully equipped with built-in wardrobes, TV, WIFI, washing machine, oven, microwave and fridge.
The set of dishes is handmade in the tradition of the Salento ceramic, and it is made for our house.
COMMON EXTERNAL AREA
The sea-view stunning over the cliff pool, is a out of the ground pool, 1m25 dept, 4m lenght, 2m5 large. It is located in the closest-to-the-sea part of the garden, and you can have an idea of the location in the pictures. The area around the pool is equipped with chairs and sun bed for sunbathing.
NOTE: the pool is available from Mai to September
there is a Barbecue area but it is reserved to the Main Apt
there is enough space to park up to 5 cars, in the garden
- PRIVATE WAY TO THE SEA
Near the swimming pool there is a private access to the sea. This way down is very steep and difficult for babies under the age of 6.
- the final house cleaning is INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- towels, naps & co. are all INCLUDED IN THE PRICE (just please indicate the correct number of people to prepare all the beds)
- CATERING: at 250m from our place you have a delicious hotel restaurant that can prepare your dinners and organize as well a home delivery if you organize a party, price are very reasonable, the taste is fantastic!
- TRAVELLING: you have two main airports: BRINDISI (1h away) and BARI (2h30 away). By train you have the main station in LECCE (50km), but you can arrive with a local train to POGGIARDO (10km) or by bus to Castro directly
“LI FUNNI” traditions
- in the early morning, going up to the old Castro downtown (by car or walking) and buy fresh “cornetti caldi alla crema” and the newspaper for the breakfast
- in Lecce, Piazza S. Oronzo, having a “rustico” at the Café Alvino
- in Castro Marina main square, having a caffé at Luigi’s Speran Bar, overlooking the Castro Bay
- in the Zinzulusa square, during the summer, having a traditional “caffé con latte di mandorla” at “Signora Pina’s bar”
MUST TO TASTE
- “caffé con le mandorle”
- the “rustico” or the “calzone” (but the rustico is exclusively from Salento): the two of them filled with tomato sauce and melted mozzarella cheese
- the “cornetto caldo alla crema” fro breakfast
- the “orecchiette” (“con le cime di rapa”, or “con le polpette”)
- the “gnummareddhi”
- the “pezzetti di cavallo” (this is horse meat, maybe not for everybody)
KIDS & ADULTS
- Visit of the Zinzulusa Cave, 0.5 km
- Gallipoli fish market, 35 km
- Gallipoli: visit to a “frantoio ipogeo” - an underground lamp oil factory to two centuries ago, 35 km
- Giurdignano: visit to DOLMEN & MENHIR, 20 km
- Tricase: the “Vallonea three”, from the XII century, the legend sais that Federico II and 100 knights found repair during a storm under this huge three, 15 km
- Lecce: visit of the “barocco” downtown and the cartapesta shops, 50 km
- Sagre: a “sagra” is a typical local fair, dedicated to a particular product (example pasta, or fish, etc. etc.) and during the fair you can taste many typical dishes at exceptionally low price (ex 4eur for a pasta), and there are activities, “pizzica” shows (traditional dance) and so on around
- Porto Miggiano / Castro / Santa Cesarea: Rent a boat and visit the caves and cliffs around, 2 km
- Andrando: riding school, 10 km
- Castro: tennis court, 1 km
- Tricase harbour: sailing class (during the summer), 15 km
- Tricase: farm activities for kids at “masseria nonno Tore” (during the summer), 15 km
- Castles: in this region almost every village has an old castle to visit ;)
- Castro: the Oaks forrest, 1 km
- Beaches: kids loves beaches, and south of italy is full, particularly near Otranto, 20 km, and near Gallipoli, 35 km
Kostenloser Parkplatz auf dem Grundstück
Nicht verfügbar: Rauchmelder
Nicht verfügbar: Kohlenmonoxid-Detektor
Beachte bitte Folgendes
- Kaution – falls du die Unterkunft beschädigen solltest, werden dir bis zu $333 berechnet