Thank you for your interest in the Box House Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you.
Dana hat die Verifizierung seiner Online-Identität und Offline-Identifikation abgeschlossen.
Erfahre mehr »
The reservation was canceled 26 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Box hotel is nice, I was a little surprised it was an actual hotel with a lot of rooms but ok.. Only real issue was the heating, we were visiting Brooklyn when the outside temperatures were 1-2degrees above zero. With the upstairs downstairs layout of the rooms, upstairs became very hot, downstairs cold.
Also the sofa bed was too short for me at 6.0 tall, because of the arms and was quite uncomfortable..
location was good, staff friendly, transport easy.
We had a wonderful stay at the Box House on two separate occasions during our stay in NY. I would highly recommend the Hotel to anyone wanting apartment style accommodation. We were happy with the location as we were visiting our son who lives in Brooklyn. The G train is close by and the ferry is about 10 mins walk. Greenpoint is close to Williamsburg and we found we walked to a lot of really nice restaurants for dinner. The staff are happy to help in any way they can. Will definitely stay again.
Loved this hotel. The room was really lovely and the staff were so friendly and went above and beyond on occasions. This hotel is ideal, it's in a quiet area but is just a few minutes walk to a subway stop. Wifi in the place was such a huge plus. Would recommend this to a friend.
Upon arrival we were blown away by the room. The decor and furniture were truly amazing. Felt comfortable straight away.
At first I was a bit worried about the location, however this wasn't a problem at all. Within walking distance to main strip on manhattan ave and a short walk to williamsburg.Manhattan island is one stop on the train!
Make sure you make use of the free shuttle service, We used it often to get dropped of at the station or in town.
Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Nothing bad to say. We will be back, highly recommended.
Lovely loft space in Greenpoint, would definitely stay here again!
Excellent on all levels. Staff were helpful and informative .. but you'll have to work a bit if you plan to drive your own car. Parking can take time but no more than expected in NY - probably a bit better. I'd stay there again and highly recommend to friends.
amazing loft style accomodations in an awesome neighborhood (Greenpoint, brooklyn). the staff were so, so accomodating and kind. everyone was very friendly. room was impeccable, beautifully decorated. i can't say enough good things!
A gem of a hotel. Awesome features include:
- Close to Manhattan: just a short walk over a bridge with an amazing view to the subway; two stops to Grand Central, three to Times Square
- Free taxi service to/from the subway (though I nearly always walked)
- Large room. So big, there's a closet that partially divides the bed area from the rest of the room. Very tall ceilings.
- Wood floors (that closet divider helps dampen any noise that would echo around the room)
- Tall ceilings
- Large, comfy memory foam mattress
- Fairly comfy couch
- Two large, widescreen TVs with On-Demand
- Free, fast wi-fi
- Kitchen with microwave, fridge, dishes, and dishwasher
- Couple of washers and dryers on-site, and a couple of laundromats within walking distance
- Very helpful staff
- Lots of good food within walking distance (I recommend Triangolo's pizza)
- The rooms are all fairly new (I think they said they opened about 2 years ago)
A couple of drawbacks:
- I stayed for a full week, but during the weekend, the 7 line into Manhattan was closed for upgrades. It wasn't that big of a deal (had to take a bus or a free shuttle to another subway station further North), but the awesomeness of the hotel's location is definitely dependent on the 7 line being open.
- I didn't actually think about it until my second day, but the room I was in didn't have a real window. There was a fake window (an indention in the wall with blinds over it) at eye level, and then a privacy glass window a little bit higher up and 3 sky lights (with remote-controlled blinds) to let in natural light. This also wasn't a big deal (I was at street level, so the view wouldn't have been anything special), but perhaps some people might care about this kind of thing.
Alright, a lot of words there!!
TL;DR version: I would definitely stay here again, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the NYC area.
Great little hotel in an up and coming neighborhood. Staff is very helpful. The room is very spacious: we were two couples in the simple loft and it was perfect. Very clean and fully equipped if ever you prefer staying in to cook.
Personally, I did not think it was very far from the "bigger" streets such as Manhattan where a lot of cool cafes, shops and restaurants are located. Also, perfect to stay if you plan to travel by bike around the city as there are many bike paths, easily finding your way to one if the bridges to cross over to Manhattan.
I highly recommend and would definitely stay here again on a future trip. Also, the cheap price makes it even better.