Southampton, New York
When deciding whether to become an Airbnb host, it's important for you to understand the laws in your city. As a platform and marketplace we do not provide legal advice, but we want to provide some useful links that may help you better understand laws and regulations in Southampton. This list is not exhaustive, but it may give you a good start in understanding your local laws. We’ll periodically update this information as more becomes available.
If you have questions, contact the Town’s Code Enforcement department at CodeEnforcementInquiries@southamptontownny.gov or call Ph: 631-702-1700. For comprehensive information on this process visit the Town’s Website directly.
Those wishing to rent their property in the Town of Southampton for any amount of time must register with the Town. There is a minimum rental period of 2 weeks for all rentals, and permits are valid for 2 years.
Completed applications should be mailed or dropped off in person to 27 Ponquogue Ave., Hampton Bays, NY 11946. For more information on the application requirements, visit the Town’s website.
As part of your application for a rental permit, you will need the following:
- Floor Plans - Floor plans drawn of the entire subject structure or building;
- Survey - A copy of the property survey and/or site plan of the premises drawn to scale not greater than 40 feet to one inch, showing all buildings, structures, walks, driveways, and other physical features of the premises and the number, location, and access of existing and proposed on-site vehicle parking facilities;
- Certificates of Occupancy and Compliance - Certificates of occupancy and compliance for all structures on the property. Building Permit Application is needed if any structures on the subject property do not hold a certificate of occupancy or compliance;
- Residential Smoke Detector Affidavit (form enclosed) - Included in application package. Must be signed and notarized;
- Engineer or Architect Certification of Code Compliance (form enclosed) - Must be submitted by a licensed architect or engineer if an inspection by Town of Southampton Inspector is declined;
- Designation of Agent for Service (form enclosed) - Must be completed by property owner;
- Standard fee $300; Income Qualified Tenant fee waived
- Enhanced Star, Veterans Exemption, or Senior Citizen’s Exemption fee $150
- Volunteer Fire Department or Ambulance Workers Real Property Exemption fee $150
- Inspection / Certification by Licensed Architect or Licensed Engineer fee $200
- Senior Citizen (as per §330-5) or Qualified Disabled Person (as per §216-2) fee $150
- Property in Violation of Chapter 270 (Rental Properties) fee $500
- Expedited Rental Permit fee $750
- Refuse Removal Affidavit; and
- Proof of Ownership – Must be submitted if property is in probate and if owned by a Trust, Corp, LLC or other Business Entity. See the cover page of the Rental Permit Application.
Our commitment to your community
We are committed to working with local officials to help them understand how Airbnb benefits our community. Where needed, we will continue to advocate for changes that will allow regular people to rent out their own homes.
- Lambton Shores, OntarioWenn du dich dazu entschließt, Gastgeber:in auf Airbnb zu werden, ist es wichtig zu wissen, wie die Gesetzgebung in deiner Stadt diesbezügli…
- Freedom, New Hampshire
- West Kelowna, British ColumbiaSeite zum Thema „Verantwortungsvolles Gastgeben“ für die Gastgerber:innen in West Kelowna, British Columbia, Kanada, um die Gastgeber:innen …