Taste of Okinawa Cooking Experience – Cook like a local while learning secrets of Okinawa’s longevity food culture
AM Class: Goya Champuru Set
- Goya Champuru (bitter melon stir-fry dish)
- Miso Raftei (braised pork belly with Miso sauce)
- Asa Jiru (seaweed soup)
- Sata Andagi (Okinawan donuts)
PM Class: Okinawa Soba Set
- Okinawa Soba (making from own noodle!)
- Mozuku Su (superfood seaweed with sweet vinegar sauce)
- Jyushi (rice cooked with several ingredients)
- Sata Andagi (NOT cooking but buy the best one at the market)
Walking Tour 10:30-11:15 AM Class / 3:30-4:15 PM Class
On the food market tour at the Naha Public Market located nearby, you will learn about locally grown products and select ingredients used in the cooking class.
Cooking Class 11:20-13:00 AM Class /4:20 to 6:00 PM Class
Upon returning to our studio, you will prepare a three- or four-course menu consisting of a classic appetizer, main dish, soup, and dessert. The class is facilitated by a bilingual Okinawan food enthusiast and instructed by professionally trained chefs.
The classes are a fun, social, hands-on experience where you will not only prepare various dishes in a teamwork setting but also learn about ingredients and cooking methods that contribute to Okinawa’s longevity food culture.
Eating 13:00-13:30 AM Class / 6:00 to 6:30 PM Class